Most acne is hormonal and with daily exposure to hormone disruptors (chemical compounds found in cosmetics but also processed foods) increasing steadily in today’s modern world, it’s no wonder that many of us continue to suffer from breakouts throughout adulthood.
Cosmetic quick fixes often only further aggravate skin and seldom really go to the root of the problem. Fortunately, there are many effective home remedies that help with acne and generally with clearing up skin that is out of balance.
Here are three steps to naturally clearer skin…
Calm Your Skin with a Chamomile Steam
- Bring a saucepan of filtered water to the boil
- Transfer freshly boiled water into a large heat-proof bowl and add one large handful of dried chamomile flowers
- Cover your head with a towel. Inhale the steam for 5-10 minutes. Relax and enjoy the moment
Purify Your Pores with Parsley
Parsley has been used for centuries as a natural purifying agent. It’s a very effective, safe home remedy for acne. If applied daily, your skin should clear up nicely within one week.
- After the steam bath, gently pat skin dry with a soft clean towel.
- Add two handfuls of parsley and two cups of freshly boiled water to the bowl.
- Cover and steep until it has cooled to room temperature.
- Strain out the chamomile and the parsley.
- Use cotton balls to apply the remaining liquid as a compress to your face for 15 minutes
Natural Zit Zapper Remedy
- 25ml of pure liquid vitamin E oil
- 2 drops of lavender oil
- 3 drops of tea tree oil
Mix the oils together and store in a glass jar.
Sweep up some of the mixture with a clean organic cotton bud and apply to inflamed and angry spots. Leave this treatment on overnight.
The only drawback with this method for people looking for quick (albeit temporary) fixes is that it may take one or two weeks for significant results to become evident. In the long-run, however, it’s always worthwhile “going natural”, because natural remedies will bring your whole system back into balance, addressing the root cause of your acne, rather than just temporarily fixing the cosmetic issue with toxic products. So it pays to be a little patient and try something out of Mother Nature’s medicine chest.